This soup is so refreshing in a hot summer evening or anytime you crave something healthy and delightfully tasting. Very easy to prepare. Not more than 15 minutes to chop up all ingredients and 2 hours to chill for best results.
Makes about 10 serving with no fat and few calories. Lots of fiber though.
- 5 large roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 cucumber – peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pinch dried tarragon
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- In a large glass bowl, mix the tomatoes, garbanzo beans, celery, cucumber, green onions, sweet onion, parsley, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, lemon juice, and garlic. Pour in the tomato juice. Season with curry powder, tarragon, pepper, and hot pepper sauce. Chill in the refrigerator at least 2 hours before serving.